Before you start
It is an offence to allow any dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place.
The dog does not have to bite someone - you can still be prosecuted and fined up to £5000 if the dog is being aggressive.
Use this form to report:
- A dog that is roaming around loose and is being aggressive towards people or other animals
- A dog that has attacked someone or another animal and there is a risk of further injury because the dog is still in the area
What we need to know:
Start now >>
- Where the dangerous dog is
- A description of the dog. For example breed and colour
- What has happened
- If you have told the Police and a log number if you have one
We can't deal with a dangerous dog outside of our normal hours or on weekends. If you come across a dangerous dog, please contact the Police on the non-emergency number, 101.