- (25/10/2016) Electoral canvassers to visit households in the district
Canvassers from Wakefield Council are visiting households who have not responded to requests for information to register to vote.
- (23/10/2016) District debate focuses on community harmony
A ‘district debate’ has been held to discuss the current state of community harmony in our area.
- (23/10/2016) International programme boosts business opportunities for Wakefield businesses
Wakefield Council is taking part in an innovative programme aimed at increasing networking and collaboration opportunities for Wakefield businesses, boosting exports and protecting and growing jobs and business across the district.
- (19/10/2016) Affordable Warmth Charter launched in Wakefield
A new initiative has been launched in Wakefield to help tackle fuel poverty - which affects one in ten private households in the district.
- (17/10/2016) Consultation events on Five Towns leisure and wellbeing centre
Residents still have time to share their views on the proposal to build a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose leisure and wellbeing centre in Pontefract Park.
- (12/10/2016) Secondary school pupils in Wakefield making good progress
Children at secondary schools in the Wakefield district have made the most progress in West Yorkshire by the time of their GCSE exams.
- (12/10/2016) Last chance to take part in the West Yorkshire transport consultation
Wakefield Council is reminding residents to have their say on the future of transport in the district and throughout West Yorkshire.
- (11/10/2016) Council encourages young people to take part in community projects
Young people in the district are being encouraged to take part in inspirational community projects this autumn.
- (10/10/2016) Councillors to discuss progress on the ‘Good Growth’ plan
Councillors are to discuss progress on the ‘Good Growth’ plan which sets out the Council and its partners’ ambitions to improve the long term economy of the Wakefield district.
- (10/10/2016) Council to consider joining Better Homes Yorkshire scheme
Wakefield residents look set to benefit from a new scheme to improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
- (9/10/2016) Wakefield Council introduces new system to manage city centre fundraising
A new system to regulate fundraising in the city centre has been introduced by Wakefield Council.
- (9/10/2016) Family–friendly activities for spooky half-term fun
Wakefield Council is hosting a series of family activities this October half term, including Halloween themed events, crafts and walks.
- (9/10/2016) Wakefield Council holds Safeguarding Week
Wakefield Council and its partners are to hold a Safeguarding Week as part of its commitment to ensure children and adults in the district are safe.
- (9/10/2016) Free half-term theatre for families comes to district’s libraries
Council libraries in the Wakefield district are inviting families to register for free theatre-events taking place over half-term.
- (9/10/2016) Wakefield Council backs national Adoption Week
Wakefield Council is supporting National Adoption Week, from 17 to 23 October, which is focused on finding families for vulnerable children.
- (6/10/2016) City Centre on track for new major development and new outdoor market
Wakefield is set to be transformed as the deal to bring a new multi-screen cinema to the city centre is agreed.
- (5/10/2016) Wakefield Council urges people to make sure they have a voice
Wakefield Council is urging residents to respond to letters to make sure that they are on the electoral register and keep their vote.
- (4/10/2016) New measures revealed to defend Sandal Castle
Wakefield Council is announcing new measures to combat vandals at Sandal Castle and is asking people to help respect and protect one of the district's key historic sites.
- (4/10/2016) Wakefield Careers Event introduces young people to Construction Industry
Over 1,000 people attended the annual Career Options event in Wakefield last week.
- (3/10/2016) Wakefield Council supports National Hate Crime week
Wakefield Council is reminding residents that hate crime will not be tolerated in the district and that crimes must be reported.
- (2/10/2016) World Mental Health Day marked in Wakefield
The clock at Wakefield Town Hall will be lit up in purple to mark World Mental Health Day on Monday October 10.
- (2/10/2016) Help tell the story of Wood Street, Wakefield
People who lived, worked or shopped in a popular Wakefield street are being asked to share their memories for a new heritage project.
- (2/10/2016) Official Opening of South Kirkby Waste Recycling Facility
The Lord Lieutenant of West Yorkshire, Dr Ingrid Roscoe, was joined by councillors and other dignitaries when she officially opened the South Kirkby Waste Recycling Facility on 20 September 2016.
- (2/10/2016) Shanks awards local schools with tablets to recognise recycling efforts
Shanks Waste Management Ltd ("Shanks"), working in partnership with Wakefield Council, has awarded 12 refurbished electronic tablets to local schools as part of a competition to promote the recycling of waste electrical items ("WEEE").