- (29/8/2016) Wakefield Council praised after Corporate Peer Challenge
Wakefield Council has been found to be ‘high performing and ambitious’ following a recent Corporate Peer Challenge from the Local Government Association (LGA).
- (29/8/2016) Cabinet on Tour comes to Pontefract Town Hall
People are being invited to come along and take part in Wakefield Council’s next Cabinet on Tour event.
- (29/8/2016) Back to school road safety advice
Parents are being urged to advise their children on road safety as part of their back to school preparations.
- (29/8/2016) Councillors to discuss Flood Risk Management Strategy
Senior Wakefield councillors are to discuss the district’s Flood Risk Management Strategy when they meet on September 6.
- (24/8/2016) Council congratulates students on GCSE results
Young people across the district have received their GCSE results today (Thursday 25 August).
- (23/8/2016) Wakefield Council supports the nation’s biggest ever sports day
Inspired by the huge achievements of Britain’s Olympic athletes, Wakefield residents are being invited to support the nation’s biggest sports day.
- (22/8/2016) Work taking place at Normanton Depot
Work is taking place at Wakefield Council’s depot on Altofts Road in Normanton over the next two weeks (26 August to 4 September).
- (22/8/2016) Castleford Roman Festival – celebrate the town’s heritage
Castleford’s rich Roman heritage is being celebrated in style with the launch of a new festival to be held in the town centre next month.
- (21/8/2016) Castleford to hold its first Preloved Market
Traders are being urged to snap up a stall at Castleford’s first Preloved Market on Thursday September 1.
- (21/8/2016) Cabinet on Tour comes to Pontefract Town Hall
Wakefield Council is inviting people to come along and take part in the next Cabinet on Tour event.
- (17/8/2016) Council congratulates young people on A Level results
Young people across the district have received their A Level results.
- (15/8/2016) Crowds come out for Seaside in Wakefield
Huge crowds descended on Wakefield when the Council brought the seaside to the city.
- (14/8/2016) Christmas Jobs Fairs
Wakefield’s Christmas Jobs Fairs are making a return this year – with hundreds of jobs being advertised at businesses across the district.
- (9/8/2016) Have your say on adult social care charges
Wakefield Council is asking for residents views on proposed changes to the way adult social care services are charged.
- (8/8/2016) Sandcastles in Castleford
The seaside is returning to Castleford town centre this August.
- (8/8/2016) Counting down to Seaside in the City
It's not long now until the seaside returns to Wakefield this summer.
- (7/8/2016) Council sends support to local athletes in Rio
Wakefield Council is today congratulating local athletes competing in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
- (7/8/2016) Working together to build stronger communities
The Leader of Wakefield Council has met with Mosques from across the district as part of the Council’s commitment to tackle hate crime.
- (7/8/2016) Wakefield Council goes Smokefree
Wakefield Council is going smokefree by introducing a ban on smoking outside its buildings from September 1.
- (1/8/2016) Stay safe this summer
With the summer holidays in full swing, Wakefield Council is warning young people to stay safe and stay away from potential dangers.
- (1/8/2016) Wakefield Council urges people to make sure they have a voice
Wakefield Council is urging residents to respond to letters to make sure that they are on the electoral register and keep their vote.
- (1/8/2016) Wakefield Council signs ‘sister city’ agreement in China
Wakefield Council led a trade delegation trip to Xiangyang in China last month, to help boost Wakefield's economy and improve international links.
- (1/8/2016) Wakefield Apprenticeship Hub launches Wakefield 100
Wakefield Council's Apprenticeship Hub has launched an ambitious campaign to support 100 local businesses to recruit apprentices in 100 days.