- (27/7/2016) Have your say on proposals for a new leisure facility in Minsthorpe
Proposals for a new £5m leisure centre on the site of the former Minsthorpe swimming pool have been revealed for people to feedback their views.
- (26/7/2016) Council leader meets HS2 campaign group
The Leader of Wakefield Council has met a local residents’ group which is campaigning against the newly proposed route of High Speed rail through the district.
- (26/7/2016) Help shape the future of Castleford
Wakefield Council is asking residents to come and share their views as part of the work on the town’s masterplan this week.
- (24/7/2016) Family fun on offer throughout the holidays
To celebrate the start of the school holidays, Wakefield Council has launched a fun-packed summer planner full of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- (24/7/2016) Seaside comes to Wakefield and Castleford
The seaside is coming back to Wakefield and Castleford this summer.
- (24/7/2016) Residents reminded to display parking permits
Motorists are being urged to display their residential parking permits in their vehicles to avoid being issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
- (21/7/2016) Wakefield Council announces first LGB&T Champion
Wakefield Council has appointed its first ever Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Trans* (LGB&T) Champion.
- (19/7/2016) Young people warned about the dangers of sexting
Wakefield Council is warning young people of the dangers of sexting.
- (19/7/2016) Working to improve roads and reduce disruption
Work is being carried out on the district's highways this summer, as the Council continues to invest and improve roads for all users, as well as trying to minimise disruption.
- (18/7/2016) Local business to run new café at Pontefract Castle
Award winning local catering company Asparagus Green is to run the new café at Pontefract Castle.
- (18/7/2016) Wakefield takes part in national survey of transport and roads
Local people are being asked for their views on the district's highways and transport services – from the condition of roads and footpaths to the quality of cycling facilities.
- (18/7/2016) Cabinet asked to give green light to new service partnership
Wakefield Council's Cabinet is being asked to give the go ahead to award a major contract, which will see the Council working with an external partner to deliver all its property and facilities services.
- (18/7/2016) New Enterprise Zones proposed for South Kirkby
Proposals to create Enterprise Zones for South Kirkby Business Park and the Langthwaite Business Park extension are to be discussed by senior councillors next week.
- (18/7/2016) Cabinet to consider changes to charges for adult social care services
Wakefield's key decision makers are to consider proposals to change the way adult social care services are charged.
- (18/7/2016) Funding scheme to boost new and existing businesses
Wakefield Council is proposing to provide £315k of funding to attract investment into its city and town centres.
- (18/7/2016) Councillors to discuss specialist short break service
Senior Wakefield councillors are to discuss the way children's specialist short break services are determined when they meet on July 26.
- (14/7/2016) Statement on Nice attack
People came together in Wakefield (on Friday) to pay their respects to those who lost their lives and were injured in the Nice attack.
- (12/7/2016) Join our Summer Reading Challenge
Children in the Wakefield district are being encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read, Summer Reading Challenge.
- (10/7/2016) Thousands enjoy Pontefract Liquorice Festival
Pontefract Liquorice Festival was a sweet success at the weekend as thousands flocked to the annual event.
- (10/7/2016) Visit Sandal Castle this summer
Sandal Castle is open and ready to welcome visitors this summer, despite some areas being closed to the public.
- (6/7/2016) Wakefield responds to latest HS2 report
HS2 have revealed a new route through South Yorkshire and confirmed proposals to build a Sheffield city centre station. The newly proposed route will run east towards the M18 before re-joining the original route south of the M62.
- (5/7/2016) Laying the foundations for the first new homes at City Fields
Work has officially begun on the first new homes at City Fields in Wakefield as part of the multi-million pound development which will help regenerate the east side of the city.
- (4/7/2016) Residents reminded of rules on Private Fostering
Residents who enter into a private fostering agreement are being reminded they need to contact Wakefield Council and formally register the arrangement.
- (4/7/2016) Parents urged to use ‘safe sleeping’ techniques to keep babies safe
Parents of babies in the Wakefield district are being reminded to always follow ‘safe sleeping’ rules to keep their baby safe
- (3/7/2016) Pontefract Liquorice Festival – all sorts of fun
All sorts of family fun will be on offer at the Pontefract Liquorice Festival which celebrates the sweet treat on Sunday 10 July.
- (3/7/2016) Wakefield Museum marks Battle of the Somme
A watch worn on the first day of the Battle of the Somme is being displayed in Wakefield Museum as part of the First World War’s 100th anniversary commemorations.