- (28/10/2015) Christmas Markets and Lights Switch-ons in Wakefield, Pontefract and Castleford
The festive spirit is coming to the district as it gears up for Christmas markets and lights switch-ons.
- (28/10/2015) Thornes Park Bonfire and Firework display
Thousands of visitors are expected at Thornes Park in Wakefield to enjoy the Council's annual bonfire and fireworks display on Saturday November 7.
- (27/10/2015) Local Council Tax Support Scheme to be reviewed
Councillors will decide whether to keep Wakefield’s local Council Tax Support scheme in place, which supports thousands of adults on a low income, for another year.
- (27/10/2015) Canvassers visiting households to collect information for the Electoral Register
Canvassers from Wakefield Council are visiting households in the district to speak to residents who so far haven’t responded to requests for information to make sure they are registered to vote.
- (27/10/2015) Proposed Merger of Schools To Be Discussed at Cabinet Meeting
Councilors are to discuss proposals to merge two special educational needs schools in the district - Wakefield Pathways School and Kingsland Primary School.
- (21/10/2015) £1.2 million improvement works planned for the South East
Wakefield Council is improving roads, parks and buildings as part of an £1.2 million investment programme for the South East.
- (21/10/2015) Council Leader tours ‘Poppy Wave’ at Yorkshire Sculpture Park
The Leader of Wakefield Council toured the Poppy Wave at Yorkshire Sculpture Park to pay respects for those that have served and are still serving in the armed forces.
- (19/10/2015) Half term events in Wakefield district includes ‘spooktacular’ crafts
There’s plenty to do over the October half term – including Halloween themed events - as Wakefield Council hosts a series family activities.
- (18/10/2015) Wakefield Council is backing National Adoption Week
Wakefield Council is backing National Adoption Week, (October 19 – 25) which this year is focused on encouraging people to come forward to give a child or a sibling group a loving and permanent home.
- (15/10/2015) Ceremonies Fair to take place at Wakefield Town Hall
A Ceremonies Fair is taking place at Wakefield Town Hall on November 15 from 11am – 3pm which is aimed at people who are planning a special occasion such as a wedding, civil partnership, renewal of vows, remembrance or naming ceremony.
- (14/10/2015) Make a difference – become a Shared Lives Carer
Wakefield Council is looking for people to care for adults in their own home this Shared Lives week.
- (12/10/2015) The Battle of Agincourt talk at Pontefract Castle
A talk will be taking place to explore the link between Pontefract Castle and the Battle of Agincourt 600 years ago.
- (12/10/2015) Public consultation on improving facilities at Castleford railway station
A public consultation is being launched on plans for a £3 million scheme to improve facilities at Castleford railway station.
- (11/10/2015) Wakefield Council ‘highly commended’ at Apprenticeship Awards ceremony
Wakefield Council has been ‘highly commended’ for its apprenticeship programme - which gives opportunities to young people from across the district to learn new skills to develop their careers.
- (5/10/2015) Wakefield Council agrees sale of historic Woolley Hall
Wakefield Council has accepted an offer on historic Woolley Hall.
- (5/10/2015) Pontefract event for aspiring teachers
Anyone interested in becoming a teacher is invited to a special open evening where they can find out all they need to know about training – from a teacher training provider rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.