- (27/8/2015) Nominations for Wakefield Council by-election for the Pontefract North Ward
Nominations have now closed for the forthcoming Wakefield Council by-election for the Pontefract North ward.
- (27/8/2015) Jobs Fair promotes opportunities for seasonal working
Wakefield Council is working in partnership with Trinity Walk, the Ridings Shopping Centre, Jobcentre and other town centre retailers to host a job fair to advertise Christmas vacancies.
- (24/8/2015) Work to start on Pontefract Castle - the Key to the North project
Work on the £3.5 million Key to the North project will start on site at Pontefract Castle at the beginning of September.
- (23/8/2015) Seaside in Castleford huge success
An estimated 10,000 people headed into Castleford when Wakefield Council brought the seaside to the town for the first time.
- (20/8/2015) Local plans to be discussed by Cabinet Members
Members of Wakefield Council’s Cabinet meeting on September 1 will discuss a set of plans which provide planning policy for future retail, town centre, leisure, recreation and open space development across the district.
- (20/8/2015) Wakefield Together makes progress in delivering improved public services
Eight out of ten people are satisfied with their local area in the Wakefield District as a place to live, according to a report being presented to senior councillors next week.
- (19/8/2015) Council offers free ‘passport to the theatre’
Wakefield Council is working with partner organisations to offer free courses aimed at helping individuals aged 19 or over improve their wellbeing and try something new.
- (19/8/2015) GCSE results day
Students across the Wakefield district are today finding out their results in their GCSE examinations.
- (17/8/2015) Seaside in the city is huge success
Huge crowds descended on Wakefield when the Council brought the seaside to the city.
- (17/8/2015) Pontefract North Ward by Election – 24 September 2015
A by election is to take place in the Wakefield District on Thursday, 24 September 2015, due to the resignation of Paula Sheriff MP, who represented the Pontefract North No 12 Ward on the Council
- (17/8/2015) Residents invited to Love Where You Live event
Local residents are invited to a 'Love Where You Live' event in Havercroft and Ryhill.
- (12/8/2015) A Level results
Young people across the Wakefield district are today receiving their A Level results.
- (10/8/2015) Council supports National Allotment Week
Wakefield Council is supporting local people to grow their own fruit and vegetables this National Allotment Week, 10 to 16 August.
- (10/8/2015) Don’t lose your right to vote
Each household across the district is to receive a form in August asking them to confirm details of the people in their home who are eligible to vote.
- (10/8/2015) Residents invited to Love Where You Live event
Local residents are invited to a 'Love Where You Live' event in Crofton.
- (5/8/2015) Man receives criminal behaviour order
Wakefield Council has welcomed a decision by magistrates to impose a three year criminal behaviour order on a man who had deliberately exposed himself in Pontefract.
- (3/8/2015) Backing for “Think Before You Send” campaign
Wakefield and district safeguarding children board is backing a new campaign to warn young people of the dangers of sharing sexual images to combat a growing 'sexting’ problem in West Yorkshire.
- (3/8/2015) Art project in Pontefract
Wakefield Council has teamed up with a primary school in Pontefract to launch an art project to celebrate the town’s historic buildings.
- (2/8/2015) Adult education courses – sign up now!
Whether you are looking to improve your skills, take a vocational course or start a new hobby, Wakefield Council's Adult Education Service has over 500 courses to help you on your way.
- (2/8/2015) Survey shows performance boost for local businesses
Business owners in the district have reported that their overall performance has improved in the past year.