- (28/6/2015) Next phase of work starts at Town End Junction in Pontefract
Work on the scheme at Town End Junction in Pontefract is entering the next phase.
- (28/6/2015) Launch of online history of liquorice industry in Pontefract
A new online catalogue of hundreds of items linked to Pontefract’s historic liquorice industry has been launched, to celebrate the town’s association with the famous plant.
- (28/6/2015) Council receives funding for new play area in Crigglestone
Wakefield Council has received a grant of £43,182 to redevelop a children’s play area in Hollin Lane, Crigglestone.
- (24/6/2015) Changes to bin collections coming this July
Residents across the district have received letters telling them that the planned changes to bin collections will happen during the week of 13 July.
- (25/6/2015) First Growth Deal Transport Project Starts On Site
First Growth Deal Transport Project Starts On Site
- (22/6/2015) Wakefield’s economic growth is in front of region’s major cities
A growing economy has put Wakefield ahead of Leeds, Sheffield and Manchester
- (22/6/2015) Council receives grant to investigate renewable heat network
Wakefield Council is launching a feasibility study to see if renewable sources of heat - such as those taken from the ground and rivers - could heat thousands of homes and business across the district and save money.
- (15/6/2015) Pontefract Castle at centre of Magna Carta commemorations
More than 800 years ago, Baron John De Lacy should have inherited Pontefract Castle. But he was disinherited by King John and became one of the first noble men to take up arms in an uprising which resulted in the sealing of the Magna Carta on June 15, 1215.
- (14/6/2015) Summer activities and events taking place in Wakefield
A programme of summer events has been launched in the Wakefield district – with a wide range of fun-filled activities for both children and adults.
- (14/6/2015) Be part of Wakefield Business Week 2015
No page description has been entered for this news item
- (10/6/2015) Brush up your skills in Adult Learners’ Week
Adult education courses are a great way to learn something new, improve your skills and increase your employment chances
- (9/6/2015) Volunteers lend a hand at Pontefract Castle
Three new volunteers were given a warm welcome when they were on duty for the first time at Pontefract Castle’s official launch for the £3.5 million Key to the North project at the weekend.
- (9/6/2015) Join Wakefield Council’s dedicated team of foster carers
Foster carer Cynthia Creighton has opened her home - and her heart - to more than 130 children and teenagers over the last 21 years.
- (7/6/2015) Wakefield Council on track to exceed housing target
Wakefield Council is getting closer to its aspirational target of ensuring 1,600 new homes are built in the district each year.
- (7/6/2015) Wakefield Council opens community allotment in Agbrigg
Wakefield Council has opened a new community allotment, the first of its kind in the district, which aims to promote health and bring people together.
- (7/6/2015) Passenger transport improvements proposed for Normanton
An exhibition opens in Normanton Library on Friday to give local people the chance to comment on proposed improvements to public transport facilities in the town.
- (7/6/2015) Wakefield Apprenticeship Hub helps 250th Apprentice
Timmy Gauntlett is a happy man after securing an apprenticeship with local firm CDA, based in Beancroft Road, Castleford.
- (3/6/2015) Townend Junction update
Townend Junction at Pontefract is one of the busiest junctions in the district and we are working as fast as we can with our contractors to improve the road layout for everyone who uses it.
- (2/6/2015) Summer season opens at Sandal Castle
The summer season opens at Sandal Castle this weekend with a character storytelling session on the Great Fire of London
- (2/6/2015) Official launch for £3.4 million project
The £3.4 million Key to the North project will be officially launched at Pontefract Castle on Saturday June 6
- (1/6/2015) Wakefield Council opens outdoor play and exercise area at South Elmsall market
A new outdoor play and exercise area is to open at South Elmsall market, giving children and adults opportunities to keep active.
- (1/6/2015) Wakefield Armed Forces Day takes place at National Trust Nostell Priory and Parkland on Saturday 20 June
Armed Forces Day is being celebrated by Wakefield district on Saturday 20 June from 10am to 5pm at National Trust Nostell Priory & Parkland, marking the outstanding contribution that the armed forces make to the country.
- (1/6/2015) Wakefield Council launches Civil Funerals and Remembrance Ceremonies
Wakefield Council is launching a new service offering Civil Funerals and Remembrance Ceremonies - the only service of this kind currently offered by a West Yorkshire council.