- (27/5/2015) Still time to nominate your Wakefield Star
Nominations are still open for the Wakefield Stars scheme which honours people who have played a part in shaping the district.
The pavement stars are plaques located in Wakefield city centre. They acknowledge the contributions of current or past residents and businesses who have a nationally recognised, outstanding achievement.
- (27/5/2015) Wakefield Armed Forces Day 20 June
Wakefield Armed Forces Day takes place at National Trust Nostell Priory and Parkland on Saturday 20 June
- (20/5/2015) Reminiscence boxes now available to borrow
Wakefield Council is helping to bring the past back to life with reminiscence boxes available to borrow from Sandal Library – believed to be the first fully dementia friendly library in the country.
- (12/5/2015) Councillor June Cliffe MBE to be new Mayor of Wakefield District
PHOTOCALL: 11.15am, Thursday, May 21, County Hall, Wakefield.
Wakefield Council’s formal mayor-making ceremony and annual meeting will take place on Thursday, May 21
- (11/5/2015) Nightingale song launches Waterton anniversary commemorations
A series of events to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the death of Wakefield’s word famous naturalist are taking placing this year, starting this month (May).
- (11/5/2015) Report recommends benefits of devolution for Wakefield and other medium-sized cities
An independent report says that Wakefield and other medium sized cities are likely to benefit more than large cities, if more funding is devolved from central government.
- (10/5/2015) Wakefield’s Cabinet members revealed for 2015/16
Wakefield Council’s controlling Labour Group has proposed a change to several Cabinet assistant positions following the recent local election.
- (10/5/2015) Pontefract Castle launches new Volunteer Scheme
A drive for volunteers to help support a £3.4 million project at Pontefract Castle is underway.
- (10/5/2015) Wakefield Council launches first time public consultation on its Environmental Health policy
Wakefield Council is launching a public consultation on how it’s Environmental Health teams deal with businesses and members of the public, especially when it comes to giving advice and enforcing the law.
- (10/5/2015) Have your say on children’s and young people’s public health services
Wakefield Council has launched a consultation to ask people their thoughts on the future of public health services for children and young people, aged from birth to 19 years old.
- (7/5/2015) Wakefield Council Election 2015
Wakefield Council remains in overall Labour control following the results of the 2015 local council elections announced today (Friday, May 8).
- (6/5/2015) Go wild at Pugneys Country Park on Saturday May 9.
A nature inspired ‘Wild Wakefield’ day is taking place at Pugneys Country Park on Saturday (May 9) between 11am-2pm with a range of activities for families with children of all ages.
- (5/5/2015) Use your vote on May 7
Registered for a postal vote but forgotten to post it? Don’t worry you can still use your vote in tomorrow's elections.