- (27/4/2015) Wakefield Council takes part in VE Day beacon lighting on May 8
Wakefield is marking the 70th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day (VE) on May 8, by taking part in a national beacon lighting ceremony.
- (27/4/2015) Thornes Park Stadium closed for elections
Thornes Park Athletics Stadium in Wakefield will be temporarily closed over three days – to host the counting of votes for the Parliamentary, district council and town and parish council elections, which take place on May 7 and May 8.
- (27/4/2015) Armed Forces Day art competition for children and teenagers
Young people from the Wakefield district are being urged to get creative and enter this year’s Armed Forces Day drawing competition.
- (26/4/2015) Spectator hubs ready for Tour de Yorkshire
Details have been unveiled of a range of family fun and sports activities taking place in Wakefield – when the city hosts the start of the final day of the Tour de Yorkshire on Sunday May 3.
- (21/4/2015) Postal voters set to receive ballot papers
Postal voters set to receive ballot papers
- (15/4/2015) Wakefield Council launches Housing Benefit campaign
Wakefield Council launches Housing Benefit campaign
- (15/4/2015) Primary school admission places 2015
National offer day for primary school admissions is today when parents will find out where their child has been offered a reception class place for September 2015.
- (12/4/2015) Deadline to register for general and local elections is days away
Voters have just a few days to make sure they are registered to vote in the general and local elections next month
- (7/4/2015) More carers are needed - help make a difference
More carers are needed - help make a difference
- (7/4/2015) UK Directors of Public Health elect a new ADPH President
UK Directors of Public Health elect Dr Andrew Furber as new ADPH President
- (1/4/2015) Have you received your poll card?
Have you received your poll card?
- (31/3/2015) Information day at Castleford Cemetery
An information day is being held at Castleford Cemetery to let people know about a programme of memorial safety checks.