- (24/9/2014) New “Have Your Say” event launched at South Elmsall market
Residents in South Elmsall are being urged to take part in a new Wakefield Council initiative which aims to give people more opportunities to engage with the Council.
- (23/9/2014) Scheme to help Wakefield residents secure access to good quality private rental homes
Plans to expand a scheme which aims to help residents to secure access to good quality private rental homes will be discussed by Wakefield councillors on September 30.
- (23/9/2014) Happy Birthday to The Hut
The Hut, a youth and community centre which serves the Five Towns area, celebrates its second birthday this week.
- (22/9/2014) Latest report shows complaints on the decrease at Wakefield Council
Complaints to Wakefield Council are down by over 30% - bucking the national trend - says the Council’s Annual Complaints Report 2013/14.
- (21/9/2014) Pontefract Enterprise Show this Friday – a reminder
Free business advice will be on offer at Pontefract Enterprise Show this Friday, September 26.
- (21/9/2014) Get your questions answered at Cabinet on Tour
We are reminding residents to come along and get their questions answered at an upcoming Cabinet on Tour event.
- (21/9/2014) Over 4,000 people enjoy a weekend of cycling fun
Get Wakefield Moving proved to be wheel good fun at the weekend as thousands rode their way to the fun filled event.
- (21/9/2014) Historic Woolley Hall on the market
Historic building and popular wedding venue Woolley Hall has been placed on the market by Wakefield Council.
- (21/9/2014) Improving library facilities
We are informing residents of the change in opening times of ten libraries in the district.
- (15/9/2014) Council hosts school careers event
Young people from schools across the district will attend a conference this month to inform them about key career opportunities.
- (15/9/2014) Businesses urged to get free business advice in Pontefract
Free business advice will be on offer at Pontefract Enterprise Show on Friday 26 September
- (14/9/2014) Council celebrates Pride Awards 2014
Our annual Pride Awards ceremony took place on Friday 12 September to celebrate the hard work and dedication of staff delivering excellent service to the residents of our district.
- (14/9/2014) Join the 28 day challenge this October
We are encouraging residents to make one small change to their lifestyle for the month of October in a bid to improve their health. The '28 day challenge' will see promotion of the national Stoptober campaign in addition to other health challenges that are suitable for non-smokers.
- (14/9/2014) New trigger for communities concerned about anti-social behaviour
Communities across the district now have extra reassurance regarding action taken to tackle anti-social behaviour following the introduction of the Community Trigger.
- (9/9/2014) Spittal Hardwick Lane Culvert Repairs
We have commenced essential repairs to Spittal Hardwick Lane Culvert over Fryston Beck immediately south of the M62 - to the north of Pontefract.
- (9/9/2014) Council urges young people to get reading
We are supporting ITV's Good Morning Britain Campaign to urge youngsters in the district to get reading.
- (9/9/2014) Get ready to have wheel good fun!
We are reminding residents about road closures during the Get Wakefield Moving event hosted in partnership with British Cycling later this month.
- (14/9/2014) See the Council in action in Pontefract
Residents are being invited to see the Council in action at its first Cabinet On Tour event at Pontefract Town Hall on September 29 2014 from 10.30am until 12 noon.
- (8/9/2014) Castleford women urged to attend breast cancer screening appointments as figures show significant numbers don’t turn up
Women in Castleford are being urged to attend their mammogram appointment as figures reveal that, in some areas of the town, less than half attend.
- (8/9/2014) Get nominating for your next Wakefield Star
We are encouraging residents to get their nominations in to honour and celebrate famous local people and businesses to be included in a Hollywood style star in the pavement event.
- (7/9/2014) Fabulous Food Events with Wakefield Museums
We are welcoming everybody to come and enjoy a special event celebrating the history of food.
- (2/9/2014) Council supports businesses to grow online
We are encouraging local businesses to access faster broadband services and free advice to learn how to grow their online business presence
- (2/9/2014) Council encourages residents to move more
We are encouraging residents to think about their health and wellbeing as a part of the Move More Everyday campaign.
- (1/9/2014) Cycling frenzy to get Wakefield moving
We are inviting residents to get racing on their bikes with fun activities for all at the Get Wakefield Moving event this month.
- (1/9/2014) Come on...Get on your bike!
We are urging residents to jump on their bikes and get inspired to join in the bike fever across the district.
- (1/9/2014) Council urges school road safety
We are reminding parents and children the importance of road safety and school parking as term time nears.
- (1/9/2014) Diabetes could cost Wakefield economy “at least £60m”, says report
Preventing, identifying and treating diabetes should be a priority in the Wakefield district, the Council’s Cabinet will hear next week.
- (1/9/2014) Residents urged to have their say
Wakefield Council is reminding residents to have their say on changes to the way children’s services are delivered in the district as a part of the Integrated Early Help Offer.
- (14/8/2014) Council celebrates business grant success
A flagship start-up grant scheme has driven down city centre vacancy rates and created new jobs, according to Wakefield Council.