- (28/8/2014) Watch out for letter, says Council
Residents across the district are being advised to watch out for a letter this week as Wakefield Council starts its activity to highlight changes to the voter registration system.
- (18/8/2014) Castleford Swimming Pool reopens after flooding
Castleford swimming pool reopens today (Tuesday 19 August) after being closed for more than a week because of flooding.
- (18/8/2014) Find out more about adult education at our information day
We are offering residents the chance to come and find out more about adult education.
- (17/8/2014) Don't dump on district
Following a successful prosecution earlier this month, we are warning residents not to illegally dispose of their waste.
- (17/8/2014) Success of the seaside
Huge crowds descended on Wakefield this weekend when the Council brought the seaside to the city.
- (17/8/2014) Online child protection campaign
We are supporting plans from across the region to make young people aware of online dangers.
- (10/8/2014) Council works on road programme
We are working to bring the district's roads up to scratch as a part of a resurfacing programme set to begin from August 18 and lasting until the 2nd week in September.
- (10/8/2014) Minsthorpe Pool building to be demolished
We have confirmed plans to demolish the former Minsthorpe swimming pool building by early next year.
- (10/8/2014) Castleford Swimming Pool temporarily closed following flooding
Castleford Swimming Pool is currently closed following damage caused by localised flooding at the weekend.
- (5/8/2014) Have your say on leisure facilities
Residents are being reminded to have their say on the district's leisure facilities by taking part in the consultation.
- (4/8/2014) A step closer to Smokefree Play Parks in Castleford
Wakefield Council is working on new plans to reduce the amount of exposure children have to tobacco in playparks.
- (3/8/2014) Council backs Bike Fever
Wakefield Council is urging residents to jump on their bikes and get inspired to join in on the bike fever across the district
- (3/8/2014) Council welcomes residents to Love Where You Live event
Wakefield Council is holding a 'Love Where You Live' event in Crofton.
- (3/8/2014) Don’t miss the event of the summer!
Wakefield Council is reminding residents to set the date in their diary and have their buckets and spades to hand as the seaside returns for a weekend of fun in Wakefield city centre.
- (30/7/2014) Summer Holiday Fun
Families are being invited to come and enjoy a whole load of fun this summer at Wakefield Museums
- (27/7/2014) Enjoy the Wakefield experience
As a part of Love Parks Week, Wakefield Council is launching its very first podcast, meaning people can have a personal guide on their phone or other electronic device as they enjoy one of the district's best-loved country parks.
- (27/7/2014) Be ready for the grand prix
Wakefield Council is reminding residents about road closures during the Pontefract Grand Prix next month
- (27/7/2014) Council invites residents to Love Where You Live Event
Wakefield Council is holding a 'Love Where You Live' event in Havercroft and Ryhill.
- (22/7/2014) Council to discuss future support to the Hepworth Wakefield
Wakefield Council's Cabinet is to discuss how to continue providing financial support to The Hepworth Wakefield following its many successes.
- (21/7/2014) Lets Clean Up!
Wakefield Council is welcoming residents to a Love Where You Live Event at Southern Washlands Nature Reserve on Saturday July 26 at meeting at 10.30am at Harrisons Bridge.
- (21/7/2014) Council to make pledge to children and young people in care
Wakefield Council's Cabinet will next week hear how the Council is making a pledge to all children and young people in care.
- (21/7/2014) Get Ready.... SET... GO!
Wakefield Council is welcoming residents to come, watch and enjoy the Pontefract Grand Prix.
- (3/8/2014) Pontefract Castle secures Heritage Lottery Fund investment
Wakefield Council has received a confirmed grant of £3.045 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) for Pontefract Castle's Key to the North project, it was announced today.