- (25/6/2014) Wakefield Council secures successful prosecution
Following a prosecution brought by Wakefield Council, Mauricare (Wakefield) LTD was found guilty at Wakefield Magistrates Court on Friday, June 20.
- (25/6/2014) Council urges recycling over the sporting season
Wakefield Council and Shanks Waste Management are working with partners to remind residents the importance of recycling over the sporting season.
- (23/6/2014) Wakefield Council welcomes first Pontefract Grand Prix
Pedal power heads to Pontefract in August when the town hosts an elite cycle race.
- (23/6/2014) Celebrate summer in the castles
Wakefield Council has launched its 2014 events at the Castles programme
- (24/6/2014) Council celebrate 1000th mile of cycleway
Wakefield Council will celebrate the opening of Castleford Greenway in Savile Park and the 1000th mile of cycleway in Yorkshire with a ribbon cutting event and various fun activities for the entire family.
- (18/6/2014) Wakefield Council rises to the challenge
The Wakefield Apprenticeship Challenge has exceeded its target of achieving 100 new apprenticeship opportunities in 100 days before the challenge came to an end.
- (24/6/2014) Council urges residents to get on their bikes
Wakefield Council is encouraging residents to get on their bikes this summer as the Tour De France returns to the UK for three stages.
- (16/6/2014) Wakefield Council celebrates fashion with new exhibition
Wakefield Council is celebrating all things fashion with a new exhibition at Wakefield Museum opening on June 28.
- (24/6/2014) Have a sweet summer at the Pontefract Liquorice Festival
Pontefract Liquorice Festival returns again this summer with a whole host of children's workshops and activities to keep the kids entertained.
- (24/6/2014) Park and ride in Wakefield during Le Tour
Wakefield Council is informing residents and visitors about the park and ride facility available in Wakefield during the Tour de France weekend on July 5 and 6.
- (23/6/2014) Wakefield Council to hold consultation on leisure services
Wakefield Council is asking residents to have their say about leisure facilities in the district following a review.
- (22/6/2014) Wakefield Council supports responsible drinking campaign
Wakefield Council is supporting a summer of sporting events, encouraging residents to get in the spirit of summer and sport whilst enjoying themselves safely.
- (19/6/2014) Wakefield Council welcomes funding to fix local roads
Wakefield Council is to get £619,000 additional money from the Government to help repair and maintain the district's roads.
- (17/6/2014) Changes to Council telephone numbers
Some of Wakefield Council's telephone numbers have changed to make sure that all residents pay no more than the cost of a local call.
- (3/6/2014) Council celebrates Armed Forces Day
Wakefield Council is marking Armed Forces Week with a free event to celebrate and honour our Armed Forces on Sunday June 22 at Nostell Priory.
- (10/6/2014) Council celebrates National Bike Week
Wakefield Council is inviting residents to jump on their bikes to celebrate and participate in National Bike Week taking place from June 14 to 22.
- (8/6/2014) Council urges residents to become connect carers
Wakefield Council is urging local people to help make a difference to the lives of children who have disabilities and their families by becoming a Connect carer.
- (8/6/2014) Council promotes food safety
Wakefield Council is working with partners to remind residents the importance of food safety.
- (3/6/2014) Wakefield Council Mayor Making 2014
Wakefield Council is preparing for its formal Mayor-Making Ceremony in the Council Chamber, County Hall, on Wednesday, June 11.
- (8/6/2014) Search is on for Wakefield unsung D-Day heroes
Museum staff in Wakefield are trying to trace a former factory girl who along with her colleagues played a vital if unsung role in the D-Day Normandy landings.
- (2/6/2014) Get on yer bike
Wakefield Council is encouraging people to get on their bikes this summer.
- (17/6/2014) Council celebrates Wakefield festival of arts for young people
Wakefield Council is hosting an arts and culture festival for young people.
- (16/6/2014) Wakefield Council Pride Awards 2014 – make your nomination
Wakefield Council is asking residents to recognise the work of Council employees by nominating them in the annual Council awards.
- (9/6/2014) Nelson Mandela commemorative stone to be unveiled in Wakefield
Ref: PR 4591
- (9/6/2014) Community Infrastructure Levy Consultation
A future charge on new development to be paid by developers and landowners.
- (8/6/2014) Community Asset Transfer of Horbury Community Centre
Wakefield Council's key decision makers are to discuss plans to lease Horbury Community Centre to The Horbury Community Centre Group charity.
- (8/6/2014) Council’s Cabinet to discuss changes to bin collections
Wakefield Council's key decision makers are to discuss plans to transform waste collection and treatment services, to improve waste collection and recycling in the district.
- (3/6/2014) Pontefract Liquorice Festival returns for 19th year
There will be all sorts of fun in Pontefract next month when the town hosts its popular annual Liquorice Festival.
- (3/6/2014) Wakefield Council works in partnership to improve Reid Park
Work is underway on a £100,000 project to improve the community sports facilities at a popular Wakefield park.
- (3/6/2014) Wakefield Council Cabinet 2014/15
Wakefield Council's controlling Labour Group has proposed a change to some Cabinet portfolios following the recent local election.
- (29/5/2014) Get Golfing
Wakefield Council is giving local residents, that have not used the City of Wakefield Golf Course before, the chance to play for only £1.