- (29/5/2014) Wakefield Council Celebrates Adult Learners Week 2014
Wakefield Council is celebrating Adult Learners Week with various special events.
- (29/5/2014) Wakefield Council Unveils the revamped Clarence Park Bandstand
Wakefield Council will unveil the newly revamped Clarence Park Bandstand after a huge transformation.
- (29/5/2014) Armed Forces Day Competition
Wakefield Council is reminding young people of their final chance to take part in this year's Armed Forces day competition as the deadline nears.
- (27/5/2014) Council encourages people to 'get on yer bike'
Wakefield Council is encouraging people to cycle for fun, fitness and for life as a part of upcoming cycling events.
- (26/5/2014) Wakefield Council helps local businesses with gas safety checks
Wakefield Council is to help local businesses improve and maintain their gas safety checks.
- (27/5/2014) Wakefield Council supports volunteering week
Wakefield Council is supporting national volunteering week, June 1 – 7, by promoting volunteering opportunities.
- (26/5/2014) New Mayor in Wakefield
Cllr Sandra Pickin will take the Chains of Office as the Mayor of the district for 2014/15 with her daughter, Samantha Buet taking the role of Mayoress. Cllr June Cliffe will be the Deputy Mayor.
- (22/5/2014) Wakefield Council elections 2014
Wakefield Council remains in overall Labour control following the results of the 2014 local council elections announced today (Friday, May 23).
- (21/5/2014) Wakefield Council celebrates Business Week
Wakefield Council and partners are celebrating Business Week with a series of upcoming events.
- (20/5/2014) Dementia Friendly
Wakefield Council is working with partners to create a dementia friendly district.
- (20/5/2014) Wakefield Council celebrates Tour De France
Wakefield Council is celebrating the Tour De France with a series of upcoming events.
- (19/5/2014) Work to start on Northern Link Road
Wakefield Council's plans for the Pontefract Northern Link Road are progressing, with work starting on site on Monday June 2.
- (18/5/2014) Thornes Park Athletics Stadium closed Bank Holiday Sunday
Wakefield Council is notifying people that Thornes Park Athletics Stadium in Wakefield will be closed on Bank Holiday Sunday – May 25 – for the counting of votes in the European Parliamentary Election.
- (14/5/2014) Use your vote on May 22
Residents are being urged to get their voice heard in the upcoming local and European elections next week.
- (7/5/2014) Change a life and Foster4Yorkshire
People in West Yorkshire will have the opportunity to find out about the positive impact of foster caring at two information events to be held in Leeds and Ainley Top during Foster Care Fortnight (12-25 May).
- (7/5/2014) Celebrating languages and culture
Wakefield Council is to celebrate languages and culture with a special day of activities on May 22.
- (30/4/2014) Let’s Talk about Sex
Wakefield Council is appealing to over 45s in the district to give their views and opinions on sexual health matters
- (30/4/2014) Wakefield’s Troubled Families scheme praised
Wakefield Council has successfully turned around the lives of 795 troubled families as part of a ground-breaking government scheme.
- (30/4/2014) Are you registered to vote? Act now to vote on May 22
Residents who have opted to vote by post in this year's Council elections and European Parliamentary elections will be receiving their ballot papers from May 9.