- (24/4/2014) Celebrate summer in the castles
Wakefield Council has launched its 2014 events at the castles programme. Tickets are now on sale for The Proms in the Castle and Macbeth at Pontefract Castle, and Pride and Prejudice at Sandal Castle, plus there are many more free events.
- (22/4/2014) Get fit with Wakefield Council
Wakefield Council is stepping up its Sporty Mates programme in the coming month.
- (22/4/2014) Family fun at Gawthorpe Fair
The annual Gawthorpe Fair is taking place over the May bank holiday weekend from Friday 2 May to Monday 5 May
- (21/4/2014) Crofton Library to temporarily close for essential maintenance
Crofton Library will close for two days in May to allow the school to carry out essential electrical work.
- (21/4/2014) Wakefield Market consultation tests new location
Wakefield Council is to test a potential new venue for outdoor market stalls as part of the ongoing consultation on the possible closure and relocation of Wakefield Market
- (21/4/2014) Fun, free summer cycling in Wakefield with Sky Ride Local
Summer is just around the corner – and with it comes British Cycling's Sky Ride Local programme in Wakefield.
- (21/4/2014) Wakefield Council proposes new facilities for school
Wakefield Council is to look at plans to expand the facilities at Highfield School for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities.
- (14/4/2014) Wakefield Council progresses changes in service delivery
Wakefield Council has announced a short-list of five potential partners for delivering its property, buildings and facilities services, including cleaning and catering.
- (14/4/2014) Free karting for local teenagers
Wakefield Council, along with local organisations including the Neighbourhood Policing Team, are offering young people aged 13 – 16 the chance to take part in free karting.
- (10/4/2014) For sale - Clarke Hall
Clarke Hall, the 17th century house in Wakefield, is now for sale on the open market.
Property consultant Carter Jonas, who is marketing the hall, is asking for offers over £400,000. The former visitor centre, which is owned by Clarke Hall Farm Trust, is not included in this sale and is being sold as a separate lot.
- (9/4/2014) Final planting of Woodland Creations project
Wakefield Council's Woodland Creations project has been a huge success with more than 27,000 trees being planted by over 600 volunteers at two sites in district. To mark the final planting those involved will be at the at Gilcar Normanton site on Friday April 11 at 9.30 am.
- (9/4/2014) Wakefield Council celebrates Easter at local castles
This Easter Wakefield Council is putting on two free family events to mark the holiday at local castles in the district.
- (9/4/2014) Change of polling station in Normanton
Wakefield Council is informing residents of a small change to a polling station in Normanton. Voters that use the Alice Bacon Community Centre at Market Street in Normanton will need to visit the library section of building in the upcoming elections.
- (9/4/2014) Wakefield Council seeks volunteers for overview and scrutiny committees
Wakefield Council is looking for volunteers to become co-opted members of the overview and scrutiny committees.
- (9/4/2014) Council invites Haribo MD to inspire local businesses
The Wakefield Business Support Programme (WBSP) has invited the UK Managing Director of Haribo, Herwig Vennekens, to share the sweet taste of success with small and medium business owners from the district at an event at The Hepworth Wakefield.
- (9/4/2014) Council celebrates youth art work
Wakefield Council will welcome families to celebrate the art work created by young offenders during the Easter Arts College programme.
- (8/4/2014) Wakefield Council brings new play area to Knottingley
Wakefield Council has installed a new play area for local children at The Wharf Estate, off Pottery Lane, in Knottingley.
- (7/4/2014) Wakefield Civic Quarter – Former Crown Court Building
Wakefield Council's key decision makers are being asked to approve the strategic acquisition and essential works to the Former Crown Court Building within the City's Civic Quarter.
- (7/4/2014) Council’s Cabinet to raise awareness of hate crime
Wakefield Council's key decision makers are to discuss proposals for improving the response to hate crime in the district.
- (7/4/2014) New scheme launched to help Wakefield residents cut fuel bills
A new Council-backed scheme is being launched to help Wakefield residents to keep warm and save money on energy bills.
- (7/4/2014) Wakefield Council awards funds to local charity
Wakefield Council has supported an application by local charity, Horticare to repaint the pit wheel standing outside Outwood Memorial Hall on Leeds Road in Outwood.
- (7/4/2014) Castleford Enterprise Show offers great opportunities
Wakefield Council is inviting budding entrepreneurs and existing businesses to learn about developing their projects at the Castleford Enterprise Show.
- (7/4/2014) Don’t lose your chance to vote
Wakefield Council will be delivering poll cards to local households from April 14.
- (3/4/2014) Newly refurbished Featherstone Library to reopen
A revamped Featherstone Library will reopen its doors on Monday 7 April at 10am following a complete refurbishment.
- (3/4/2014) Temporary closure of Sun Lane pool for repairs
The swimming pools at Sun Lane Leisure Centre in Wakefield will be closed over the Easter break for repair work.