- (14/3/2017) Speak out about child abuse
Wakefield Council is encouraging people to speak out about child abuse and to report it.
- (13/3/2017) Pay and play activities to stop as Government cuts continue to affect the district
Activities at two of the district’s parks and a golf course will close next month as the Council is forced to make yet more savings in response to Government cuts.
- (13/3/2017) Garden waste collections start this week
Garden waste collections start this week in the Wakefield district.
- (10/3/2017) Merran McRae recommended as new Chief Executive
Merran McRae is being recommended as the new Chief Executive of Wakefield Council, subject to confirmation at Full Council on 16 March 2017.
- (7/3/2017) Volunteer for the Committees
People with an interest in supporting the work of Wakefield Council are being invited to apply to become co-opted members of its overview and scrutiny committees
- (7/3/2017) Applications open for apprenticeships at Wakefield Council
Wakefield Council is opening applications this week for its nationally recognised apprenticeship programme.
- (2/3/2017) The build is on for Minsthorpe’s new leisure centre
Construction is now underway on Minsthorpe's new multi-million pound leisure centre.
- (2/3/2017) Young Enterprise Market returns to Wakefield
The Young Enterprise Market returned to the city centre on Saturday (25 February) to help find entrepreneurs of the future and teach young people business skills.
- (1/3/2017) Wakefield welcomes the West Yorkshire Combined Authority transport levy
Wakefield Council has welcomed a transport levy from the West Yorkshire Combined Authority. The levy is being used by the Council, and other local authorities across the region, to boost transport schemes.