- (20/2/2017) Traffic disruption on Wakefield Road and Queen's Drive in Ossett
Motorists are being advised to avoid the Wakefield Road area near the junction with Queen’s Drive in Ossett.
- (15/2/2017) Outwood Park undergoes a revamp
A Wakefield park is being revamped after a survey of local people said they would like to see improvements to the paths, seats, play area and planting.
- (15/2/2017) Lobbying underway to reopen platform at Castleford station
Wakefield Council is lobbying for a disused platform at Castleford railway station to be brought back into use – to improve transport services in the town.
- (13/2/2017) Council’s Rhubarb Festival returns this week
The 11th annual Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb starts this Friday.
- (9/2/2017) Wakefield One welcomes The Cribs
An exhibition showcasing the rise to fame of successful Wakefield rock band, The Cribs, is opening on Wednesday 15 February.
- (8/2/2017) Final stage of work on the WERR gets underway
The final stage of work on the £33m Wakefield Eastern Relief Road (WERR) gets underway next week (February 13).
- (6/2/2017) Cabinet on Tour Budget Special for 2017/18
Wakefield Council’s next Cabinet on Tour event is taking place in South Elmsall where the Council’s Cabinet will be setting the budget for 2017/2018.
- (6/2/2017) Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb returns next week with top line-up
Apprentice winner, Alana Spencer, is the latest celebrity name to join the line-up for the Wakefield Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb.
- (3/2/2017) Council proposes budget for 2017/18
Wakefield Council is forced to make yet more savings in response to the seventh consecutive year of Government cuts with a significant impact on services affecting local residents.
- (1/2/2017) Festival family fun at Wakefield Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb
With just over two weeks to go until Wakefield's Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb, the Council is reminding residents not to miss out on the family fun filled weekend.