Outwood Rail Station Car Park Improvement Scheme
We are seeking your views on proposals for a new surface car park at Outwood Rail Station.
Take part in our survey >>
Regional funding has been provided through West Yorkshire Combined Authority's Transport Fund to improve access to rail travel. To facilitate this, a programme to provide additional car park capacity has been developed across West Yorkshire.
The existing Outwood Rail Station car park is full well before 9am. To address the problem of capacity a new surface car park is proposed on land at Lofthouse Gate Country Park, west of the sports pitches and near to the railway line.
Improvements would include:
- 160 car parking spaces (including Blue Badge holders)
- Access from Colliery Approach
- New access road in the Country Park
- New shared cycle/pedestrian footway
- Street lighting to the access road, footpaths and car park
- Boundary treatment
- Cycle parking facilities
- The car park would be made ready for Electric Vehicles
- Sustainable drainage measures
- Surface improvements to existing footpath/cycleway
You can have your say by completing our
short survey or by emailing
Transplan@wakefield.gov.uk before Sunday 31 March 2019.
A display of the proposals can be viewed at Outwood Park Medical Centre, Potovens Lane, from Monday 4 March until Friday 15 March 2019 (from 8am to 6:30pm) and comment by questionnaire is available at the Medical Centre.
There will also be a drop-in session at Outwood Working Men's Club, Ledger Lane on Friday 15 March from 5pm to 8pm, with plans on display and officers in attendance.