View Planning Applications
Content on the Public Access System
A complete electronic record of images from planning applications made since 2010 is available on Public Access.
For applications submitted between 1992 to 2010 Planning Services have tried to electronically capture the images for each application. However, it has not been possible to capture all planning applications between these dates and any pre 1992. Please contact Planning Services if you cannot find electronic images for an application, and we will try to locate the file. If successful we will make the application available for inspection at Wakefield One, Burton Street, Wakefield. You will need to allow 3 days for us to locate the file from the archive.
Should you wish to make a comment about an application you need to be registered on the Public Access System. Please be aware:
- All comments submitted by you are a matter of Public Record and will be placed on our website for inspection by the public. Do not submit personal details ie: phone number, or any information you are unwilling to make public.
- We will not acknowledge your comments, but any comments we receive will be displayed on the internet on Public Access.
- We do not consider anonymous comments but you can just print your name instead of signing your comments if you do not want your signature to show on the internet.
- If your comments are made on a standard letter or email, or where they are substantially the same as the standard, where you have added your name and address, we will not notify you of any Committee panel meetings, the decision or any appeals but we will take your comments into account when making the decision.
- You can monitor receipt of your comments and progress of the application on Public Access.
Information about how we publicise planning applications is in our Publicity Guide (see 'Downloads').
Measure and scale online
Most applications from 1992 onwards will have drawings and documents visible online. You can also measure and scale online. This facility is available on all plans scanned after 1 January 2008, and on most of the older files. To learn more about this feature please see Measuring Guidelines in 'Downloads'.