Report an abandoned vehicle...
- Phone the Contact Centre on 0845 8 506 506 - 24-hours 7 days a week
- Report an abandoned vehicle online using the Neighbourhood Action Form
When reporting an abandoned vehicle you can help us by giving us as much information as possible including:-
- Exact location of the vehicle (e.g. outside no 10 Church Road rather than just Church Road)
- Make and model of vehicle (e.g. Ford Escort)
- Colour of vehicle
- Registration Number
- If there is a valid tax disc (and date of expiry if possible)
- General condition of the vehicle (e.g. burnt out)
Reporting abandoned vehicle?
It is illegal to dump a vehicle in the street. To deal with this problem we are working in partnership with West Yorkshire Police. A dedicated police officer works with the Neighbourhood Patrollers who quickly deal with abandoned vehicles according to an agreed procedure. Most abandoned cars are now removed within 48 hours.
If you report an abandoned vehicle we will investigate whether the vehicle has been abandoned and carry out checks to see whether it has been stolen or involved in an accident. If you want an update you can call the Wakefield Council Contact Centre and quote your job number and they will provide you with an overview of the actions we have taken.