- To provide a high quality childcare service responsive to local needs and preferences.
- To enable accessibility of places to parents/carers entering the job market and/or training.
- To provide a supportive service to the local community, working in conjunction with local services, Sure Start, Social Services, Education and Health to provide a wide range of innovative services.
- To support the regeneration of the community by ensuring appropriate childcare is available.
- Through a high quality service, to support children and families to contribute positively to their community and society as a whole.
- To ensure better outcomes for all children using the service.
- To keep up-to-date with current developments in childcare practices and ensure the nursery spreads best practice to other childcare providers and parents within the area.
- To encourage a partnership between home and nursery and actively involve parents/carers in the education and care of their child.
- To provide a welcoming, safe, caring and positive environment which recognises, values and reflects each child's individuality and promotes inclusive practices.
- To offer child centred play opportunities to promote happy and confident children, supported through the 'Birth to Three Matters' and 'Foundation Stage' guidance.
- To nurture and develop each and every child to help them realise their full potential.
Children's Welfare Statement
The Local Authority has a duty under the 1998 Children Act to safeguard children and promote the welfare of children in need.
Neighbourhood Nursery staff are alert to signs of abuse or neglect and must communicate concerns to the appropriate agency and in the case of suspicion, must comply with procedures by the Local Safeguarding Children Board.
Inclusion and Equality Statement
Each Neighbourhood Nursery has a responsibility to challenge prejudice and to assist children to develop positive attitudes about people of different races, cultures, backgrounds, beliefs and ability.
The Neighbourhood Nursery will strive to ensure all children and families using the centre have the same chance to access services offered through the Neighbourhood Nursery and will aim to offer support as necessary.