Winning Council Business
Wakefield Council aims to encourage a range of different business sectors to bid for Council contracts by ensuring:
- Organisations have access to information on our contracting opportunities;
- Contracts are ‘packaged’ in such a way to ensure for example that smaller businesses are not excluded from bidding;
- Our documentation and processes are clear and understandable;
- Fair and transparent quotation and tender processes are undertaken.
All Wakefield Council’s contracting opportunities with a value exceeding £15,000 will be profiled on the Yorkshire and Humber YORtender portal. YORtender is a web based system used to run and advertise quotation and tender opportunities and is used by a large number of the local authorities in the Yorkshire and Humber region.
If your organisation is interested in doing business with Wakefield Council then registering on YORtender (https://www.yortender.co.uk) is the first important step. Registration is free of charge and you can specify the goods, works or services you are able to offer to ensure you receive alerts when Council opportunities are advertised.
Should you need any support or assistance with the YORtender system please contact the YORtender helpdesk on tel: 0844 5434579 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation (YPO)
Wakefield Council is one of the member authorities of the YPO and uses many of the arrangements put into place by the YPO buying consortia.
- For a guide on How to Sell to YPO see 'Related Links'.