To help control the litter problem in Wakefield City Centre it is an offence to distribute free printed matter (leaflets, flyers etc.) in the designated area without consent. Offenders could face a fine of up to £2,500.
See 'Downloads' for:
- detailed guidance (includes exemptions and a definition of what is 'free printed matter')
- a map showing the designated area
See 'Related Links' for:
- an application form to apply for consent
- an application form to change a consent
Applying for Consent
You can apply for Consent to distribute free printed matter within the designated area. There are two types of Consent available:
- Day Consent – which allows distribution between 7am and 7pm
- Day/Night Consent – which allows distribution between 7am and 3am
Both types of Consent run for a 12 month period, although the Day/Night Consent is also available to run for a monthly period.
Consent will be granted in relation to a single named business or service only. The name of the business or service that the Consent relates to must appear on the printed matter being distributed.
For each Consent you can apply to have a number of people (distributors) to distribute the free printed matter. Each distributor will be required to wear a badge, issued along with the consent, when distributing the free printed matter.
- See 'Downloads' for the full Guidance notes and costs
You can apply online via the Gov.uk website (see 'Related Links'). Applications for consent must be made more than fourteen days before the required date for the distribution of free printed matter.
If you wish to make a change to your licence you can also Apply online via the Gov.uk website (see ‘Related Links’)
Online forms provided